Waze navigation app users are going to be favourably impressed by the variants for changing the voice that the app uses to notify the driver about turns, potential dangers on the road, and other events.
A Waze user can change the assistant's voice via the main Waze settings. The first (primary) voice package is distributed for free when the other can be installed by purchasing it through the app. An additional bonus is using your own voice of the assistant. You will find how to do it below.
Assign your voice to the Waze assistant
If you aren't a big fan of the robotic sound of Waze voices, you can record your voice or your friends or family voices.
In order to set up custom voice, follow the instructions (we're going to talk about the Android app):
- Download the latest version of Waze or update an existing one.
- Launch the Waze app on your smartphone.
- Select the speaker icon in the lower section of the app.
- Select the "Waze voice" option.
- Tap “Record new voice” at the top.
- A list of keywords appears. Select a phrase and tap the big record button in the upper display section.
- Perhaps Android will request access to your microphone, if so simply tap "Allow".
- Say the phrase you need and choose Stop.
- You can check the recording by tapping the Play button.
- Choose "Save" to save the result.
- When needed to play an audio recording, tap the blue playback icon;
- Tap "Done" and give your voice a code name (you can find it in the list with options to choose from).
- If you want to return to the map, tap the "cross" at the top right.
- In order to enable a voice pack and change voice on Waze, select it from the list in the "Sound" window.
Waze voices of famous people
In addition to your voice, of course, you can choose one of the already created voice packages.
You can open the list of available voices which users can add to Waze by following the "Waze Voice" link. To do this, tap the speaker icon in the lower-right corner.
The list of voice packages available for download changes from time to time, but you can always choose from a wide variety of options.
Here are some of them:
- Zoey is a fun little girl who likes to joke, sing, have fun, and most importantly, she knows how to do it.
- Bernice - remembers the events of World War II (but does she remember how to get to the right place? One can only hope).
- Thrax - from the nightmarish depths appears a nervous voice, leading you to your fate;
- Rivka, Jean Pierre, Angelo and others.
In addition to the default voices, the navigation app offers the voices of celebrities. You can install Waze voices by downloading special packages from the page.
We're going to highlight some of them:
|Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond;||Ed Helms;||Terry Crews;|
|Characters from «Star Wars»;||Stephen Colbert;||T-Pain;|
|Morgan Freeman;||Rob Gronkowski;||
|Kevin Hart;||Neil Patrick Harris;||
|Shaquille O'Neal;||Jay Leno;||Elvis Presley.|
Reference information. Waze app features
Waze navigation app:
- Allows its users to map the best route taking into account traffic jams, blocked roads, weather conditions and other factors.
- Notifies on the current speed limits and any changes in traffic conditions.
- Sends real-time notifications on every accident on your road,
- the app is distributed for free.
- Requires an Internet connection, so if any interruptions or crashes occur, the given information might not be accurate.
- Waze is useful for drivers all over the world who want to move faster, safer and not spend a lot of money on it.
See also: Full review of Waze features.