A map of visited places can be created easily. You can do it with the help of a special mobile apps for iOS or Android. Is easy to keep chronology using them, count visited countries and collect places.
The apps from the list above will be useful for users who have traveled around the world and for those who are only planning to go on a trip.
Table of Contents
The app creates map of cities you visited. It also allows you to generate a personalized map of the world, which will display all the cities and countries visited by the user. You can view the created map and mark visited places, make beautiful lists and infographics.
The main features of Countries Been app:
- Personal map for travel.
- Collecting the cities, areas and countries you've already visited.
- Tracking your progress. You can always share the list of places you've visited with your friends.
- Quick access to information about a particular place. It is extremely useful when planning your next trip.
- Ability to share your travel map with friends quickly.
How to create a map of visited countries using Countries Been app:
- After the first launch, the app will ask the user to log in. A quick login via Google, Facebook or email is available.
- You can log in as a guest to get acquainted with the app features. If you sign in as a guest, the app will warn you that all the data you enter may not be saved.
- On the globe, select the country you have visited or plan to visit in the future.
- In addition, you will need to download data about a particular area from the network to your phone.
- Check one of the places - you live in, visited or plan to visit.
- Depending on the status, the country or city will be colored green, purple or yellow.
- The information will also be added to the special list.
- Nice design of the world map in the form of a globe.
- You can select entire countries, areas and regions.
- The free version of Countries Been has ads.
The app allows to create a map of travel and track every step. You can upload photos of places you have taken in random order. The app will automatically save them in a certain place by GPS coordinates.
Features of the FindPenguins application:
- Automatic trip tracker. Phone will record all movements after the app is launched.
- No constant network connection is required. Even if the Internet connection goes down, the data is saved on your device.
- Creating a photo book. The app will add the photos taken to the book and provide them with descriptions.
- If necessary, the user can add his/her own impressions of visiting a place.
- Fully automatic creation of a travel map.
- Convenient communication with the blog. All data in the app can be uploaded to your travel blog.
- Interaction with friends. The app supports the function of subscribing to other users. You can always share impressions, beautiful photos with your friends.
Features of using the travel tracker map:
- After the first launch, the app will prompt you to familiarize yourself with the features or create an account.
- From the main screen, you can log into an existing account (if the user has registered before).
- For convenience, you can quickly create an account through Facebook or Google authorization.
- At the first launch, the user can see all the features of the app through a presentation.
- To start a journey, go to the "Track" section.
- After getting acquainted with the basic functions of the section, the user needs to create a new trip. You select the type of adventure - trip, vacation or short trip. Additional categories are available, you need to click on the "Advanced" button.
- All data about the trip is there, including the start and end date. Via the settings you can also enable or disable the trip tracker.
- Privacy settings are enabled - only you or all selected users of the app can see the trip.
- Trip information is saved for offline usage.
- Ability to create colorful photo albums.
- Advanced interface.
- Some features are available in the paid version of FindPenguins.
An app for travelers that allows you to keep track of places visited and learn interesting facts about a particular country. Statistics of all trips made by the user are kept. The map app is available for download exclusively for Android.
Features of World Traveller:
- Information about the type of visa required to visit a particular country.
- Travel statistics.
- Information on each country: population, currency, passport comparison, etc. The entire database is available offline.
- Marking of cities in the planned itinerary and those locations that are planned to visit in the future.
- Account integration with social networks to access information from any device.
How to create a map of places you've been:
- After launching, the app will offer to sign in via Google or Facebook. Login without registration is available.
- Select your country of primary residence.
- A list of all countries will open. The app will ask you to mark the regions you visited.
- On the world map, flags will indicate the countries where the traveler has already been. Additionally, a more detailed map with cities is available.
- To add a country or city you need to tap on its name.
- There are several options for marking - for example, favorite or "would like to visit".
- Advanced functionality - visa information, currency converter, country-specific population data, etc.
- Intuitive interface.
- Not every country has the ability to mark cities
- Not all names of countries, cities, objects are available for translation
Allows you to plan and track your travels on the world map.
- Pros: there is an opportunity to add photos and videos, nice design, the necessary functionality.
- Disadvantages - some users do not work registration and mark countries.
This app helps to build your own map of the world based on the places visited by the user.
- Pros - access to recommendations from friends, easy planning of upcoming trips, the ability to create secret places that are not on the world map.
- Cons - English-language interface.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.