- Published on
- Updated on
Singapore MRT maps and landmarks: best mobile apps
Singapore is an island city-state that attracts millions of tourists, travelers, and businessmen every year. Not surprisingly, it has a highly developed transport network, including the subway (Mass Rapid Transit). However, not everyone can easily plan a trip to another location in Singapore. In this case, come to the aid of all kinds of navigation apps. They allow you to plan a route, estimate the cost of travel, and find the nearest subway station.
In this review, we will review the best apps to use Mass Rapid Transit map, as well as other apps that will be useful for visitors to Singapore in 2023.
Table of Contents
SINGAPORE Guide Tickets & Map
|Developer: Official Guide - Rome Italy|
|App rating: 🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱 4.8 out of 5|
The app contains offline maps of Singapore, major attractions. Also, it is possible to book tickets. It is a kind of assistant for navigating through Singapore locations. The app is available for free for Android.
In addition to basic reference information, recommendations from other users of the app are also available. You can get to your destination easily - no need to turn on your GPS or use your phone's mobile data to do so. Just open the offline map of Singapore and navigate any route.
How is the offline map convenient? You do not depend on whether you have wi-fi or not, use mobile data or not. Basic functions - zoom, search, additional information about buildings - are all available offline. However, some functions operate in real time and therefore require an internet connection.
At the same time, offline maps contain all the necessary objects: bars, restaurants, museums, grocery stores and other infrastructure.
You can quickly search and sift unnecessary results, search for the nearest objects of the selected type on the map of Singapore.
One of the most useful features is lists of places (similar functions are available in any navigator or Google Maps). You can also add pins with a note as text - anywhere on the map.
Explore Singapore MRT map
|App rating: 🐱🐱🐱🐱 4.4 out of 5|
A handy iOS / Android app for metro travel. Through it you can plan a trip, select options for transfers. It works independently, supports GPS navigation. Available in English and Chinese.
Explore Singapore app features:
- Metro maps: constantly updated in the background. Also available train schedules, all changes are displayed in real time.
- Subway exits: what is nearby, what are the nearest subway stations near your current location.
- Route planning: use the planner to schedule a trip at a set time any day of the week.
- Completely offline: you don't need the internet to display maps and work with the route planner.
Singapore Metro Map & Planner
|Price: Free / €1.09 - €14.99 per item (VIP)|
|App rating: 🐱🐱🐱🐱 4.4 out of 5|
If you need a map of Mass Rapid Transit in Singapore or need to plan a route, we suggest you try this app. It is available in both Chinese and English. By the way, at the developer of Mapway you will find many bad specialized apps for travel by subway in different countries and cities: Berlin, Paris, New York.
Interactive subway maps are perfectly detailed, with station names and operating times. Maps can be moved, zoomed in and out.
You can quickly find a particular station through a search or filter.
Like the above-mentioned apps, Singapore Metro Map works offline. Maps do not need to be downloaded additionally, everything is updated automatically. That is, the metro maps are always up to date.
The free version of the app displays ads.
Singapore MRT and LRT Offline
|App rating: 🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱 4.6 out of 5|
The purpose of the app is to find the best routes when traveling on the Singapore MRT. Literally by pressing a few buttons you will find the solution to plan your trip.
Features of the app:
- All SMRT and SBS Transit Lines are available without exception
- Filtering and searching for the train station you need.
- The train timetable is updated in real time if you have an internet connection
- Standalone operation without any restrictions
Singapore Metro - MRT & LRT
|Developer: Wm Dev Technology|
|App rating: 🐱🐱🐱🐱 4.3 out of 5|
Singapore Metro MRT is a free mobile app.It supports both mass rapid transit and Light Rail Transit in Singapore. The main purpose is to help you navigate, plan routes and find the best options to reach the final station.
Let's note the main advantages of Singapore Metro MRT:
- Specific metro station information, including schedules
- Route planner
- Search for nearby stations near your current location
- Estimated cost of the route
- Offline metro maps
- Highly detailed maps with zoom, zoom and move support
Visit Singapore Travel Guide
|Developer: Singapore Tourism Board|
|App rating: 🐱🐱🐱🐱 4.1 out of 5|
If this is your first time in Singapore and you don't have a clear plan of where to go for entertainment, this app will be of indispensable help. It is a kind of guide to the most interesting and popular places in Singapore.
- Navigator: easy to navigate around the city using public transportation - subway, buses. You can specify a point on the map, and the app will calculate the route by which you can get to your destination.
- Events: a calendar of upcoming events. What is happening nearby and in the specified location.
- Walk generator: you can create a sequence of points on the map with places selected especially for you. Walking around Singapore in this format will be a lot of fun.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.