Social networks like Instagram can steal a lot of time, so some users choose to disable their accounts for a period of time. The problem is that the process of account recovery (reactivation) is a kind of simple, but not pretty obvious procedure. How to do it right? Read our manual on how to reactivate Instagram easily.
Important detail. We aren't going to talk about reactivating a deleted Instagram account. If you've deleted your account, please go to another manual or simply create a new account. In this manual we're talking about a temporarily disabled or suspended user account.
Reactivating an Instagram account (after temporarily disabling)
An advantage of reactivating an Instagram account is that you can do it at any time you want. However, in some cases this process can take up to 24 hours, although it usually lasts for several hours.
In order to reactivate your Instagram account you have to do the following:
- Launch Instagram app or visit the service website through a browser
- Log in to your account with your credentials by filling in the text fields and tapping the "Log In" button.
- If your username and password are entered correctly, you'll be logged in to the account thus enabling it again.
As you can see, it's pretty simple to activate an Instagram account. Difficulties may arise in case you forgot your password or you weren't the one who disabled the account. Read below how to deal with a problem like this.
How to reset forgotten Instagram password
Do you still experience problems when logging in to your Instagram account? Or you can't sign in at all? The first thing you can do is to give a try to authenticating with your Facebook account, if it was linked to your Instagram profile page.
The second option is to reset your password:
- Open Instagram app.
- On the start page select the "Forgot password?" option.
- You will receive an email with a link for resetting your password via a phone or username. Tap it.
- Log into your account by entering your username and new password.
Reactivating a blocked (suspended) Instagram account
Unfortunately, some accounts are disabled by Instagram on its own. Usually it happens due to the violation of the terms of the service usage. For example, if a user has posted inappropriate content or committed unacceptable behavior. In such cases the process of reactivation isn't easy and actually isn't always possible.
However, there is an appeal procedure: through it you can explain the case and hope for the banning of your account to be reconsidered.
So, if your account has been suspended by the service, to get it back:
- Log in to Instagram as usual.
- You will see a notification “Your account has been disabled”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions after going through authentication.
- An alternative way to activate your account is via the appeal form. There you must specify your full name, username, email and phone number and provide the reason for the appeal in a polite form (if your account was blocked by mistake).
Bear in mind that if your account was blocked due to the violation of rules, the appeal won't deliver any positive result. There is no sense contact to Instagram customer support, in apologizing, “crying poor mouth” or inventing something that didn't happen.