According to the numerous complaints of Instagram users, it's quite problematic to reach the service technical support. Questions sent to the official email remain unanswered and social networks like Facebook and Twitter are also of no use.
Why would you apply for the help of customer support?
- In case you've lost access to your account (forgot your password or username),
- your account has been hacked,
- you need to enable (i.e. reactivate) a disabled or suspended account.
Is the official customer support email address useless?
In fact, Instagram has an official help email, which customer support uses for notifying users:
However, there is no sense in sending letters to this email address since with 99% probability you won't get an answer. We claim it judging by the reviews of Instagram users who have ever experienced technical issues. And this fact isn't surprising: the help email was never intended for such purpose.
The best way to report a problem is via Instagram app itself
And the best way to inform the experts on an issue is the corresponding option in Instagram mobile app. You can use it in the following way:
Profile > Settings (gear wheel) > Help - Report a Problem
The problems you can report about via "Report a Problem":
- Spam or rules violation by other users,
- Technical issues with Instagram app,
- Reviews on the quality of the service.
After specifying the type of a problem, send a support request and wait for a response. We advise you attach a screenshot, if it can help to understand the case.
Please note that waiting for a response may take days or weeks.
A couple of tips before you send a request to Instagram
Before asking a question, it's better to check the answer yourself. Perhaps (and actually most likely) your problem isn't unique and it has already been solved by other Instagram users in some way.
In fact, Help Center is designed for searching of answers. It's a convenient resource containing all the known cases with their solutions written in a very easy-to-understand way. The Help Center has several sections:
- Using Instagram (both service and app),
- Managing Your Account,
- Troubleshooting and Login Help.
As the statistics of our website shows, the most popular questions are related to the inability to access user's Instagram account. You can find the answers related to this issue in the "Can't Log in" subsection.
What to do if there is no answer to your question
You need to understand that:
- It's quite likely that after sending an appeal you'll be redirected to Instagram Help Center which isn't always the best option.
- Since due to its workload, Instagram simply can't guarantee a quick and comprehensive response.
- Neither “Report a Problem” can always guarantee that customer support experts will help you. There are problems that are fixed individually.
- A lot of topics aren't covered by Instagram Help Center.
In such cases, we recommend looking for a solution on third-party sites and forums. For example, one of the most urgent problems is the process of restoring photos from Instagram and you can find a solution to it here: https://howtorecover.me/deleted-instagram-photos-recovery
Send us a question
You can do it via the feedback form on our website and we'll give you a piece of advice of how you can cope with a technical error. When sending a request, please provide it rich in details, specifying which app you use and the model of your phone.