The Wireless Adapter is a device that takes the hassle out of connecting CarPlay or Android Auto to your car. With it you can connect your iPhone to the dashboard through a wireless connection. Just set up the Wireless Adapter once, and then every time you get in your car, CarPlay will connect to your dashboard via WiFi or BlueTooth.
In this review, we've rounded up the Best Wireless Adapters for CarPlay and Android Auto. We had to spend a lot of time selecting the really best performing adapters, as there are many different dongles on the market. You will learn which Wireless Adapter is the best choice to connect your phone to a head unit.
Table of Contents
Car equipped with built-in wired CarPlay from 2016-2023 (not compatible with BMW models).
iPhone from 5 or higher / Android running 6.0 or higher.
Product Link: https://www.carluex.store/products/carluex-pro-plus
The current price is $339.00 USD
CARLUEX PRO+ is an advanced Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto adapter. This device will allow the driver to feel the convenience of using the latest technologies and forget about the problems inherent in all navigation systems:
Wireless connections can sometimes be less stable than wired connections. Users may experience occasional dropouts or connectivity issues, leading to interruptions.
Setting up and pairing wireless CarPlay / Android Auto may not be as straightforward as connecting a cable.
There may be a slight delay in response time when using Youtube or Netflix. This latency can be noticeable when interacting with the infotainment system or using navigation features.
The technology continues to evolve, and CARLUEX PRO+ fixes all of these concerns. First of all, we are talking about such unpleasant features as lags and various kinds of technical difficulties when wirelessly connecting Carplay / Android Auto to the head unit of the car.
In addition, in 2023-2034, many drivers are in dire need of multimedia features such as watching videos via stereo system. As a rule, watching Youtube or Netflix through the screen is not possible without special software modifications. Thanks to CARLUEX PRO+ this function becomes available out of the box.
So, let's list the outstanding CARLUEX PRO+ features:
- Wireless connection to the head unit, this type of connection works with both Android Auto and Carplay.
- Easy installation: Simple installation process, compatible with various vehicles. However, it is noted that BMW vehicles are not supported, and this also applies to vehicles manufactured before 2016, where there is no support for Android Auto
- Browse online services without lags: popular streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu are supported.
- Universal use: full support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Using voice commands for navigation. Steering wheel controls are also available. Powerful voice control functionality, enhancing operational convenience.
- The device can be operated without Touch screen using the remote module.
- User-friendly user interface (Android UI) with many options to customize widgets and applications
- Easy connection to Android 13 without the need to configure access rights and complex customization.
- Remote firmware upgrades and a one-year quality guarantee
All CARLUEX PRO+ features are realized at a good technical level. This device is equipped with a 8-Core Qualcomm CPU. At the moment it is one of the fastest processors on the mobile market and even more so it is a good option for autonomous navigation systems, where weaker 2- and 4-core processors are often used.
Accordingly, the 8-Core Qualcomm CPU allows you to forget about constant lagging, especially when it comes to watching HD videos on the multimedia system screen. For example, if you watch 1080p on your multimedia system screen through any other device, it will slow down due to weak wifi signal or slow processor.
In CARLUEX PRO+ there is no such problem. Launching the video player to watch video in the Android UI environment takes a few seconds, scrolling through the video is smooth and without distortion.
Navigation apps like Maps, Waze, Weather app and music player also work well. They can operate simultaneously in multitasking mode without conflicting with each other. Almost any modern app installed on Carplay and Android Auto will run smoothly.
As mentioned, CARLUEX functions on the Android UI. The OS works autonomously, in fact without the need to configure access rights. Special mention should be made of the full support of Android 13 features.
The OS provides faster app launches and system response. Also in the latest version of the OS, WiFi and task management has been improved and overall user-interface experience has moved to a new level.
Overall, the UI is highly customizable. You can select the preferred apps, customize the home screen and drag and drop the widgets you need - such as games, navigation, weather apps.
You can create shortcuts for quick access, which is especially handy when driving. In fact, you can download and use any apps from the Play Store connected to your Google user account.
Although the device is standalone, you can also use Chromecast by streaming content from your phone. This comes in handy if you want to show other passengers your phone's content, without the need for a USB cable.
The device comes in a small black box, reminiscent of any AI box. It includes:
- The CARLUEX PRO+ device itself
- USB-A to USB-C adapter
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Personal Customer Service Card
The device itself has SIM and TF connectors on the side. The SIM card can be conveniently used to connect the device to the Internet. The device is absolutely autonomous, and there is no need to set up a mobile phone as an access point and give out mobile data.
However, the second option is not to use the sim card slot and connect the device via wi-fi to the Internet. There are no disadvantages to this method, however, you are always tied to the phone.
There is a backlight on the top of the box. It lights up every time the device connects to WiFi and is active. The backlight looks beautiful and quite spectacular, especially when it is near the dashboard of the car.
Although you actually connect your device to the car via cable, the connection can be converted to wireless. This applies to both Android Auto and Carplay.
Dual WiFi 6 channels are used to transmit the internet signal.
The storage size is 64GB. This allows you to download offline maps, download mobile apps from Google Play Store, and transfer movies.
RAM size is 4 GB - it is quite enough to run and use mobile applications in multitask mode.
Installation and setup
Installation of CARLUEX PRO+ will not take much time, all steps are described in the manual. In brief, the installation process is quite standard:
The device is connected using Plug in and play technology and therefore does not require any prior setup.
The sequence of actions:
Step 1. Connect CARLUEX PRO+ to the USB port
Step 2. Wait for connection (up to 10 seconds)
Step 3. Scan the QR code and access the video tutorial
Step 4. If you have difficulties, please contact technical support for assistance.
The connection is organized using a USB cable. As already mentioned, there is also a USB A adapter that will ensure compatibility with the car's USB port.
If your car stereo system does not have a touchscreen, you can connect the unit to a tablet and use the tablet screen as an external display.
Although the CarlinKit is positioned as a car radio adapter brand, the device is well suited to work with CarPlay through the car's head unit.
With the CarlinKit 3.0 you can convert the connection to your CarPlay from wired to wireless. To do this, simply connect your iPhone to this device and it will connect to headunit itself via WiFi.
And you don't need to connect your iPhone via bluetooth to the car every time. The initial setup is enough. As soon as you get in your car, just connect your mobile device to the docking station and CarPlay will work.
Supported devices: any cars with Factory CarPlay integration and plug-and-play devices. Any iPhone older than iPhone 5 (iPhone 6, 11, 12, 13 and above) can be used to connect to CarPlay.
Useful features of the adapter:
- Quick connection without a USB cable
- Car navigation, music playback, voice commands - all features available in Carplay
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth wireless support
- Easy installation
- Weather radar apps support
- Wifi connection to car head unit
The Carplay Dock device has good reviews and it works stably. 1 year warranty is provided after purchasing the adapter.
How the device works:
- You connect your iPhone to the docking station.
- CarlinKit connects via Bluetooth to the car,
- the CarlinKit transmits the necessary data to disconnect the wi-fi network
- The CarlinKit then connects to the Carplay.
- Head Unit is completely ready for navigation. It can be operated via the touchscreen.
The device plugs into your car's USB port, just like other Wireless apple carplay adapters. To operate the adapter you need to do the first setup, then the iPhone will automatically activate Carplay on the head unit of your car.
How to set up Carplay Automatic Connection:
Step 1. Before using the app, make sure there is a stable connection between the docking station and apple car play adapter.
Step 2. Use a USB cable to connect the device to your car's USB port.
Step 3. Activate Bluetooth and WiFi on iPhone.
Step 4. Connect the device to the vehicle by accessing the computer settings.
Step 5. Confirm that the Apple Carplay interface is displayed on the screen.
After the steps described, the device works and does not need any more adjustments. Note that Outlets and voltages may vary from country to country, so check the technical specifications and if necessary use an adapter or converter for use in your country.
Ways to control your device:
- Voice control via Siri,
- steering wheel control,
- touch screen control and OEM knob control.
Compatible vehicle models: Almost any modern car made after 2016. According to the developers of this device, it is supported by more than 95% of all cars where CarPlay is available. To be sure, you can check your car's compatibility on the official page.
Advantages of the adapter:
Supports high speed connection by using 5G chip and 5.8 Ghz WIFI rate - so there will be no interference and the connection will be stable throughout the trip
Small dimensions of the device (2.95 x 1.59 x 0.51 inches), which allows to place it in any convenient place
12 months of customer service to answer all your questions
This adapter will also be useful for working with car PCs that have Factory Carplay. By and large, the main function of the device is to convert the wired connection to wireless. This method of connection is much more convenient for Carplay to work with iOS devices. All you have to do is plug your iPhone into the docking station, and it will immediately connect to the car's head unit.
KONDBAM CarPlay Adapter looks like a wifi router, although the functions are slightly different. You can place the adapter directly next to your computer, glove compartment, or any free area of the car where the device will not get in the way. You can even put the CarPlay Adapter in your pocket - and it will work from there, too.
CarPlay Adapter features:
- Connects to your car's PC via 5GHz Wi-Fi (high-speed connection)
- Voice navigation, calls to other callers, car navigation available
- Touch screen support
Requires initial setup for operation. Details can be found in the manual of the device manufacturer. In brief, the installation process looks like this:
- You connect the adapter to your car's PC with a normal cable.
- Then you need to configure wifi and bluetooth connection by adding the device to the list of allowed.
- After presetting, you don't need to configure the adapter any more.
- Once you place the iPhone in the dock connector, Carplay will work.
The device has good reviews and the warranty is available worldwide for one year.
The developers of the device claim that the U2-AIR Wireless CarPlay Adapter connects to your car in a maximum of 7 seconds. What is meant is that it takes exactly this time to connect to the head unit wirelessly. However, other reviews have said that the standard connection time is 18 - 20 seconds with a standard wifi connection.
The unit comes with 2 12-inch cables - USB Type A to C and Type C to C. Accordingly, it is possible to connect to the car, if the legacy USB interface is used. At the same time, you need to keep in mind that the car must be compatible with the current version of Carplay. You can check this on the official Apple page. Basically, all cars manufactured after 2016 fall under this category.
works in Plug and Play format (no need to configure anything)
Starts up when you start the car
supports Siri voice control, steering wheel control, touch screen control and knob operation
Night and daytime operation modes are available
music playback, message reading, call acceptance and other standard functions
Carplay connection to head unit:
- Connect U2-Air via USB cable to head unit
- Activate Bluetooth on your iPhone
- Connect the iPhone to the U2-Air
- 5Ghz WIFI module will automatically detect your device type and put it into Carplay mode
- The settings of the module can be accessed through the IP address which is entered into the browser on the mobile device.
- Quick Plug and Play installation and setup
- USB cables included
- Developers do not recommend upgrading firmware or you may experience incompatibility issues between iPhone and head unit
GCT Wireless CarPlay Adapter
Even though this adapter is not too popular, we paid attention to it. It is compatible with both Android Auto and CarPlay. The adapter requires,
- Android Auto and CarPlay must be supported natively in the firmware, you can find that in the documentation of the vehicle.
- It is desirable that the head unit supports touchscreen and gestures.
Carplay Dock installation is very simple:
- Connect the adapter to the car via USB cable.
- Open CarPlay app.
- Add a new route on the map through the head unit.
- Press the Go button.
In its characteristics the device is well enough equipped: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM. You can insert a flash drive at 128G, and it also supports SIM-cards.
Available navigation functions: voice assistant, construction of new and alternative routes, media player control and Bluetooth music.
The Magic Box is an all-in-one device which not only allows you to use Carplay for navigation, but also to watch streaming videos (Youtube, Netflix) on the car screen.
Connecting the Magic Box is done in the usual way:
- First you connect your mobile device with Carplay via the 8-inch premium USB cable included in the package.
- Then a wifi connection to the car is established.
- The wifi source / mobile hotspot is selected.
- The last step is to download from the app store the apps that you plan to use via wireless dongle.
This is a partial list of possible applications:
- Prime Video
The Magic Box allows you to broadcast video and audio content available on the above platforms. You need to have a touchscreen in your car to control playback. If the touchscreen is not available, you can use the Magic Remote as a substitute which can be purchased separately from The Magic Box supplier's website.
Features and benefits of the wireless dongle:
- Available Streaming Apps for YouTube, Netflix, Hulu
- Supports iPhone & Android: Can be used to control Android Auto or Carplay, both Android and iOS
- Automatic Connection: once connected via USB cable and bluetooth / wifi, the device does not need any extra settings
- Free Online Software Updates
- USA-based Business: High quality tech support, fast delivery and quick return guarantee
- Ability to watch youtube via carplay
- Use as home TV
- Can use Google Maps or Waze as a navigator
- Phone Cast app lets you activate screen mirroring on your phone
- Long startup time (approx. 20 seconds)
- It is recommended to turn off the device after you turn off the car engine
This device differs from the above mentioned ones in that it is based on a special smart IC chip, which provides fast and stable connection to the on-board computer. The device does not need to be preset, it works on a plug and play basis.
The adapter connects to CarPlay wirelessly. You can use touchscreen, OEM knob control and other controls to control the application and navigation.
The navigation functions are as follows: route guidance, multimedia player control, voice navigation, message creation and call reception.
Connecting FEINODI Wireless CarPlay Adapter is very simple:
- iPhone is inserted into the adapter,
- WLAN and Bluetooth must be activated.
- After that, CarPlay is ready to work.
This adapter only works with CarPlay devices, it is not suitable for Android Auto. To interact with the head unit, you need an iPhone 6 > and iOS 10 >.
To sum up
CARLUEX PRO+ is a great navigation device for cars manufactured after 2016. The device is equipped with a powerful processor and allows you to enjoy HD video on the screen without interruptions and lags. Also, the developers of CARLUEX PRO+ promise prompt tech support and a reliable warranty. All this makes this solution flexible and incredibly convenient for drivers.
The KONDBAM CarPlay Adapter and CarlinKit 3.0 are two of the best Apple CarPlay docks for iPhone, designed to allow connection of an iPhone to a car's head unit.
Additionally, GCT Wireless CarPlay Adapter and FEINODI Wireless CarPlay Adapter are two devices that are compatible with both Android Auto and CarPlay.
Both adapters require initial setup for operation and connect to CarPlay wirelessly, providing navigation functions such as route guidance, multimedia player control, voice navigation, message creation, and call reception.
The GCT device has good reviews and the warranty is available worldwide for one year. An iPhone 6 and iOS 10 is required for both adapters.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.