Lack of sound in Waze is a serious problem that jeopardizes communication, navigation, as well as listening or viewing media content.
What should I do if the sound in the navigator does not work? Let's find out the causes and methods of solving this problem. Ways to fix it will be useful for Android and iOS.
Top reasons why the sound does not work in the Waze app:
Table of Contents
Method 1. Incorrect volume settings in the OS
Mobile phones have the ability to adjust the volume for different apps individually. If your phone plays a sound while watching a movie, but the sound doesn't work while navigating, just set the sound separately for the Waze app:
The first way:
- You can see the different volume sliders if you hold down the sound adjustment key,
- To the right of the general volume slider use the "down" arrow.
The second way to adjust the sound on Android:
- Go to "Settings".
- Under "Sounds and vibration", select "Volume".
Four sliders will be displayed:
- Ringtone - the volume at which your device receives a call;
- Media - games, music, and video files;
- Notifications - text messages, app notifications;
- System - keyboard volume, key press volume.
3. If you notice that one of the sliders is off, this may be the problem. Try turning on the sound for notifications. If the problem persists, go to the next step.
Method 2. Driving, Do Not Disturb or Battery Saving Mode
These audio modes work differently on different phones, but in most cases "do not disturb" and "driving" mute the sound of incoming calls and notifications while the navigator is working.
The problem that power saving mode turns off all the sounds on the phone, except for incoming calls.
In "medium power saving" mode the user can still listen to music, but in "maximum power saving" mode the phone turns off almost all functions, except for calls, to keep the battery charge.
Therefore, if the Waze navigator is running silent, the user should ensure that all of these modes are off before proceeding to check the following items.
Method 3. Headphone or headset connected to phone
This issue is especially relevant to devices with an interactive case, or devices to which headphones are connected through a bluetooth or charging jack rather than a micro jack.
If there is no sound in the Waze app, try:
- Disconnect all devices (including those connected via wifi and bluetooth),
- Remove the case and check again.
- If the sound plays - the problem is probably initiated by one of the connected devices.
Method 4. Incorrect sound settings in Waze
Often the absence of voice prompts can be explained simply: the sound is disabled via the Waze app settings. In addition, the notifications will also not work.
You can fix it via Waze general settings:
- Launch Waze
- Tap speaker icon
- Select the sound mode that suits you:
- Silent - the sound is muted in Waze
- Important - The most important events are announced.
- Select "Sound On" to make sound available for all notifications.
- Return back to the navigation screen.
Method 5. Change the volume in Waze
The Waze app has separate volume adjustments. To change the volume, follow the steps below:
- Tap My Waze button
- Select Settings
- Tap Voice and Sound
- Move the slider to increase or decrease the volume
- Return to the main screen and check the changes
Method 6. OS doesn't work properly
If the above methods do not help to fix the sound in the Waze navigator, resetting the settings will help. This is a drastic, but effective measure to solve software errors in both iOS and Android.
Before resetting the settings, save all the necessary files to the cloud or SD card, and then follow the instructions:
- Go to Settings;
- Select the "General settings" section. Some devices don't have one, so go to the next step;
- Tap the "Reset" or "Archive" button.
- Select the data demand option you want.
- After this the device will reboot, all the data will be deleted and the settings will be reset.
If the lack of sound in Waze is due to the OS not working properly, the sound will be restored.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.