I've already done a review of the best online services for text-to-speech. I realized that there is no mention of services where you can pronounce the text with a robot voice instead of a human one.
So today I will share with you a selection of the best robot speech - text services. You can use robot voice to pronounce the typed text with the voice of a bot.
Table of Contents
Platforms available: Android, iOS (SDK), Online
Two directions are possible - translation of dictated text into electronic text and vice versa - voiceover of already written text. The bot's voice can be chosen to be either female or male. True, this is not a robotic voice, but closer to a live human voice.
For the scoring of the text online using technology Automatic Speech Recognition API. It works well enough, it is easy and fast to check through the appropriate window on iSpeech. API can be used on your own site or service, for example, to voice books through a bot, as has long been done on many sites for listening to audiobooks.
The list of languages for dubbing is very wide. It is perhaps the main feature of the service. You can use English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean robot voices.
- Small number of supported languages
- Uncomfortable web interface
Cross-platform application for desktop and mobile phones (Android, iOS, Windows, Mac), there is also an online version of the robotic voice reader. Subscription costs for the Pro version start at $17.49. The basic Lovo version is free.
Lovo offers not only more than one hundred realistic voices, but also more than 30 language options. The service will be useful to video game authors, advertising specialists, book authors, and technical writers. If you are a developer, you can use Lovo robot text reader for your products.
Speech Synthesizer Pros:
- LOVO Studio platform allows you to edit text, correct grammatical errors
- Easy automatic text-to-video synchronization
- Use of Voiceover API for text dubbing on third party services
- Use neural networks to add realism to robot talk text
- Converting text to speech and voice to text
- Some TTS features are available for free
- The free version cannot be used for Youtube
Platforms available: Online
The user's choice of bot is Tatiana or Maxim, depending on which robot voice you want. There are examples on the site, so we advise you to listen to them to assess the quality of the synthesizer.
How to do robot voice dubbing on zvukogram website:
- Go to the Text Voicing section.
- Enter a text or copy an existing text.
- Select a pronunciation language.
- Select the robot's or assistant's voice to sound out the text.
- Select voice pitch, timbre and pronunciation speed.
As the creators of the online service say, there are no restrictions, but during the testing I was identified as a robot and was asked to switch to a paid package.
Neural networks are used for voicing, there are both free and paid options (payment is made by tokens).
Speech synthesis settings are quite a lot. The voicing is realistic, there are not many mistakes. In addition, the phonetic alphabet MFA is supported.
Also on the zvukogram site you will find a collection of sounds which you can apply to your videos for editing.
- The interface is only available in Russian
- No mobile app
Murf is an AI voice generator available for both mobile and desktop platforms. You can transform text into robot voice on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS. There is also a web version of the converter available from any modern browser.
Murf is popular robotic voice reader for bloggers, authors, animators, podcasters, screenwriters and those who make videos. Using its capabilities, you can easily convert text to robot voice from any written text in English. However, in addition to English, about 15 other languages are available.
This synthesized voiceover won't differ much from most AI voice generators, available on the Internet. The robotic voice TTS engine has about 100 robotic voices.
- Automatic synchronization of the video sequence with the voiceover.
- Use of pauses, change of intonation, tempo, speech accent
- Conversion of speech into text and text into speech
- Easy text editing with Murf Studio editor, error checking, use of templates
- In the free version it is not possible to download the audio file with the voiceover
Platforms available: Online
Texttospeech allows you to convert text to robot voice online, and you can choose not only the voice imitating a "live" person. In particular, you will find the Maxima bot in the list. This is a special voice bot for voiceover, which pronounces the entered text with a robotic voice.
It should be noted that the main page displays, in fact, a demo version of the service. To use it in full you should go to paid plan (see below).
To use Texttospeech it is possible similarly to above-mentioned websites:
- You copy the words and sentence you need to say into the text box.
- Choose a language and an option from the list - for example, Maxim bot.
- Tap on the Voicing button.
Important features of service Texttospeech:
- Free voicing can only be a text no longer than 200 characters (rates can be found in the section Tariffs, up to 3 rubles per 1 thousand characters).
- If voicing does not work, remove special characters from the text - this may cause the service not to work.
- You can adjust the height and tempo of speech.
- If necessary, you can download the voiced text as an audio file.
- Interface not translated into English
Platforms: Windows 10-11, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Web.
Play.ht is an easy-to-use yet functional voice generator and robot voice reader. With its help you can easily convert any text in English into an audio file, which can be downloaded in mp3 or wav format at a given bitrate.
In the Personal version, only non-robotic voices powered by computer-generated algorithms are available. Voices resembling human voices are only available in the pro version of the service.
The result is available in good quality, little distinguishable from the natural human voice. Robotic voiceover can be modified to give the voice intonation and style.
Features of Play.ht:
- Handy editor where you can specify the accent, arrange pauses, change the mood and intonation of the voice.
- More than 610 different pronunciation options.
- Real-time voiceover of text on web pages.
- Google, Amazon, and IBM cloud services are used for synthesis.
- Developers can use the Text to Speech API to voice their products.
- No free version
- High cost of Personal subscription
Platforms available: Online
This online synthesizer is not distinguished by some convenient and beautiful interface. You will find here the desired function of the voice of the text by a robot.
How to use the service:
- Go to Text Voicing.
- Select appropriate voice engine - for example, V4 TTS
- Select the language - English
- Select male or female voice from the list of available options.
- You can also choose voice pitch (high or low) and intonation (joy, annoyance)
- Type text in the box
- Press the Voice button
There is no robot voice specifically, but you can play with the settings. to get the sound you want.
Apihost features are good for individual users. You can voice bots for small amounts of text - e.g. pages on websites. For larger sizes of texts I would advise to pay attention to the tariffs. The paid service will allow you to choose a bot for the Litres text dubbing in a reader format - in this way it is convenient to synthesize the text of English books.
- Obsolete web interface
- Only russian voice acting is available
- No voice-over app for the text
Other services for text dubbing
1. ttsreader is a simple service for robot voice dubbing. It supports English language, with a choice of male or female voices.
2. readspeaker is a cloud text-to-audio conversion tool. English is available there, with two pronunciation options.
3. text-to-speech - electronic translator and text-to-audio converter. Bot supports Spanish, German, English and other languages.
4. fromtexttospeech - another simple service-converter. Options are very few, the voiceover option is only one - the voice of someone called "Valentina". The result can be downloaded as mp3 audio file.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.