The official FAQ sections do not describe all the arising difficulties with logging in or registering Instagram accounts. The most common issues when logging into Instagram and ways to resolve them are collected in this article:
Table of Contents
- Log-in errors via mobile devices
- Changing your Instagram login password
- Logging in to Instagram via Facebook
- Solution to the "Challenge required" problem
- "Try again later" error
- Sign in to Instagram via the browser
- Log in help option
- Deny Network Connections
- Reset your phone to factory settings
- Reinstalling the Instagram app
- Difficulties and errors when logging in via the PC browser
- Unknown Instagram error
Log-in errors via mobile devices
Difficulties logging into Instagram via a mobile device (Android, iOS) occur for several reasons. They are accompanied by messages stating that an error has occurred in the Instagram app.
Changing your Instagram login password
If you have forgotten your account password (for example, after changing your mobile device) - difficulties with logging in are inevitable.
The best way to solve the problem is to change your password via email from your new iOS or Android phone.
Logging in to Instagram via Facebook
It is possible to sign in to your Instagram account through a Facebook account. You can sign in from the home page by selecting the "Sign in via Facebook" option.
However, this method will only work if you have a Facebook account connected to Instagram in advance.
Solution to the "Challenge required" problem
There is no answer via the Help Center on how to sign in to Instagram from a phone that has not previously been used to access the account. But such a problem does exist.
If "Challenge required" appears when you enter your username (and the account on your old phone also fails to open), you need to:
- Log in to Instagram through your browser,
- The "Challenge" window will appear,
- Confirm that you are the user who is trying to sign in.
"Try again later" error
If you get a "retry later" error when trying to sign in to Instagram, try
- Install the Instagram app for Windows,
- Link your Instagram and Facebook accounts by connecting your Facebook profile,
- Wait for 5-10 minutes,
- Sign in to Instagram from your phone through Facebook.
Most likely, there will be no more problems with account authorization.
Sign in to Instagram via the browser
If the previous method is not suitable, you can sign in to Instagram from your phone through the web version of Instagram.
How to do it:
- Log in to the Instagram via a browser,
- Go to Settings and check "Temporarily block my account" (from the bottom right corner of the page),
- Select the option "Problems at startup.
Of course, the account itself won't disappear, and you can go back to solving the problem in a couple of hours. Unblocking must be done through the mobile app.
Log in help option
If all of the above methods did not work, use the option offered by the social network itself. To do so:
- On the sign-in page, click on the little-noticed "Login Help" link,
- In the window that opens, enter the email address you used when you registered your account,
- Click on the "Send email" link.
- Check the email. After clicking on the blue button and being asked "Open with...", select Instagram.
- Check the "Use this choice always" option.
Deny Network Connections
Another reason for the login error is to prohibit network connections for the Instagram app.
In this case, you need to open the settings of the application that controls access to the Network (firewall, proxy server, VPN-client) and configure the appropriate permissions.
Reset your phone to factory settings
The most radical way is to reset your phone to factory settings.
Important note. Performing a Hard Reset will erase all user data stored in the phone's internal memory. So make a backup copy of your important files beforehand.
The settings are located at: "Settings - General Settings - Reset - Reset Settings".
Reinstalling the Instagram app
Authentication difficulties can occur due to internal Instagram app bugs. If you haven't updated the app on your phone in a long time, this can be the cause of a login error.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app helps in this situation.
Difficulties and errors when logging in via the PC browser
When you try to log in to Instagram via a browser, a redirect to the authorization page occurs. At the same time, Instagram does not report the reason for the authorization refusal.
- You need to make sure that you enter the correct login and password;
- Clear browser history (in Chrome - "Advanced tools - Delete data about viewed pages...");
- If the error doesn't disappear, try to restore the password via e-mail.
Unknown Instagram error
The message "unknown instagram network error" appears on the authorization page. Solution options:
- The first step is to check the Internet connection by connecting mobile Internet (if the PC supports this option)
- Log into your Instagram account from your phone.
If the account login attempt is successful, the problem is related to your internet provider. Wait for the ISP to fix the technical glitch.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.