Surfing on the Internet, you notice an interesting clip or video. Then you'd like to find the music from the Youtube video in every possible way. How to determine the name of the song and its author? There are many ways.
Here are the top 10 ways to recognize a song from Youtube - from simple to complex:
Table of Contents
TL;DR. Initially look at the description and comments on Youtube video, then use search engines. When these steps prove futile, use Telegram bots. On the next step, web services and special applications for mobile devices can help.
If nothing worked, ask the author of the video directly. Download the file to your computer, and then analyze it through AudioTag.
Method 1. By description
The most trivial way to find a song from a YouTube video is to read its description. A list of used tracks is often published under the video player.
- Easy way
- Most Youtube users forget about copyrights or don't want to waste their time on descriptions
Method 2. Youtube comments
There are quite a few YouTube enthusiasts who share useful information about the origin of a music track in the comments.
Some audiophiles consider it their duty to leave a comment with the music from the video, especially when it's about a rare tune.
We advise to read the comments under Youtube videos: what description users write about the video.
- Free way
- High probability to recognize the title
Method 3. Search by words
After remembering at least a few words, try searching for the song on Google or Duckduckgo.
- Type a couple of phrases from the song into the search box.
- If the lyrics of the song are in English, add "lyrics" to the query. 3 Spell foreign words you don't know how to spell them as you hear tune.
- You can find most audio tracks via Google text search
- Unpredictability of the result: you may find what you're looking for among the search results.
- Can take a long time to search
Method 4. Soundtrack search
It's easy to find the music in a video by using the soundtracks (OSTs). This search option is suitable for users who know the official name of the movie OST.
How to search:
- Type the name of the movie or TV series, published on Youtube, into a Google search box.
- Add the word "OST" or "soundtrack" to the query, for example "ost once upon a time in hollywood".
- As a result, the official tracklist should appear in your search.
- Listen to the songs one by one until you hear familiar notes.
- Reliable way to search
- For rare movies, the soundtrack is hard to find
Method 5: Telegram Channels
There are special Telegram bots designed to recognize music from videos. The most famous are @YaMelodyBot and @acknobot.
How to use a Telegram bot to recognize music from videos:
- Find the bot by name via Telegram search.
- Launch the bot.
- Click the microphone icon in the message sending bar with the melody turned on beforehand.
- If the sound is good, the bot will immediately give the audio with the song title.
- Convenient way
- High probability of finding an audio track on the melody
- If the audio track is heard with interference, the bot will not recognize the song
Method 6. VKontakte
VKontakte is a Russian-language social network. It also stores a lot of useful information about audio and video.
- Go to the "Music" section.
- Specify what you saw in the video. Perhaps other users have added the track you're looking for, using an associative line in the title.
- As a last resort, refer to groups dedicated to finding rare songs: https://vk.com/musicfinder, https://vk.com/opoisk.
- High probability of finding rare music
- Help from other users
- Russian language interface
- Vkontakte registration is required
Method 7. Midomi Service
There are handy sites that help you find almost any popular music published on Youtube. The most convenient service for finding songs is Midomi. How to work with it:
- Open the site in a new browser tab
- Click on the microphone icon
- Turn on the desired video in the next tab
- The program will recognize the song by its sound.
- Does not require registration
- Works through a browser
Method 8. Mobile applications
There are applications for mobile devices that help you find a track from a youtube video. The most popular application is Shazam.
Instructions on how to recognize music from a video through Shazam:
- Install Shazam on Android.
- Launch the application, tap the button located in the center of the screen.
- Play the video on Youtube.
- Bring the device close to the sound source.
- If Shazam is able to make out the track, you will see the official name of the song.
- Otherwise, the service will notify you that nothing is found.
Method 9. Question to the author
Ask Siri about the song. Let the assistant listen to the tune and ask a question, such as:
- "Who's Singing,"
- "What's the name of the track?",
- "Guess the record,"
These robots are smarter than some apps and services, so they're often quite useful.
If you like a tune but can't find it in any way, you can contact the author of the video directly. This is easy when the video blog is private, there are contacts, and the owner responds warmly to any question. But the owners of popular channels are unlikely to answer.
However, the answer always depends on exactly how the question is asked.
- Simple but effective way
- Not all channel authors answer questions
Method 10. AudioTag
As a last resort, the [AudioTag] service (https://audiotag.info/) can help you identify the song. It requires you to download a file with the tune you are looking for. It is easy to use:
- Open the website and click on "Download file" button. (There is a "Recognize by link" button next to it, but it doesn't work.)
- Select the desired video and upload it to the program. The supported formats are MP3, WAV, OGG. Clips should be 15-45 seconds long, up to a maximum of two minutes.
- Wait 30 seconds for the song analysis to finish.
Tests have shown that AudioTag almost always finds the track, even if the recording is of poor quality.
To find music from YouTube videos, try the above methods from the first to the last. The list increases not only in difficulty but also in efficiency.
Once you have tried all the search methods and come to the last one, you will find out what song is playing in the video 98% of the time.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.