- Published on
- Updated on
Best voice navigation apps: download for iOS and Android - 2022
A voice navigator is an indispensable thing for a long trip. Searching for a suitable navigator can take a lot of time, and downloading a non-working application can even lead to unpleasant mishaps. This article is aimed at making the search for a useful voice navigator easier. It describes all the pros and cons of popular applications, with the most objective assessment of them.
Table of Contents
Language: English, a variety of African languages, Hindi, Filipino. Voice navigation is in the language of the device, that is, if the interface of your device is in English, then the voice navigation will be in English.
When you first start the application, you are prompted to select your language and give you all the necessary permissions. After that you get to the main screen, where the following functions are available:
- Voice navigation;
- Traffic tracking;
- Trip Planner;
- Searching for places nearby;
When you click on one of the icons, you will see detailed instructions on how to place the widget with the application on your home screen. It will give you quick access to most of the features.
To use the navigation, click on "Voice Navigation" and enter the desired address in the "Search Location" field. You can also enter the address using your voice by clicking on the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen.
Navigation is via Google Maps, so the coverage area corresponds to google maps.
- Intuitive interface with lots of hints;
- Variety of functions;
- Additional settings.
- Excessive amount of ads popping up with every click;
- Not the most convenient switch to google maps;
- Small selection of interface languages.
It is worth noting that the disadvantage of too many pop-up ads outweighs all the pluses. There are so many advertisements that some users can not use the navigator.
Download for Android
TomTom AmiGO plans the best route based on the current situation on the road. Traffic jams and road repairs are alerted in real time via voice navigation system. In addition, the user is notified about speed cameras and speed limits on a particular section of road.
The app runs in all countries and cities, some regions require downloading a local map.
- Voice notification of speed cameras - mobile and stationary;
- Updating the data in real time at the expense of the participants of the app community;
- Notification of dangerous road sections - repairs, road potholes, other problems;
- No ads in the app - nothing distracts the driver from monitoring the situation on the road.
- Detailed route making with bypassing of possible problem areas
- Intuitive interface
- Maps do not work in offline mode
Traffie Navigation & Alerts
The voice navigation app allows you to build routes from point A to point B in real time, avoiding possible obstacles on the way. The driver is notified about traffic jams, road construction, accidents, dangerous sections, etc. All information is displayed online, requires an Internet connection.
- Alternative driving route depending on the current situation on the road;
- Simplified voice navigation in night mode;
- Navigation screen on the car windshield;
- Notification about weather conditions, weather forecast for each particular point of the route;
- Information about speed limits on specific parts of the route;
- Automatic update of data about the current traffic on the route.
- Traffie Navigation works all over the world.
You can also use the voice navigation app to see places near the current driver's position. A paid subscription is available - basic for $1.99, and extended for $3.99. The app doesn't work without a subscription.
- Quick fixes for any problems with the app
- No free version
Download for iOS
Karta GPS - Offline maps
App allows you to build a route from one point to another by voice navigation commands. It has detailed instructions for each intersection.
Build the best route to drive depending on the current traffic. Information about traffic jams is updated in real time. This allows you to avoid wasting time standing in traffic jams.
Features of the app:
- No permanent Internet connection is required, maps of the desired regions can be downloaded in advance;
- Effective traffic jam avoidance by analyzing traffic in real time, building the fastest and best traffic route;
- Warning about security cameras. The app will notify the user if there is a speed camera ahead;
- Information about places nearby - monuments, restaurants, stores;
- Voice search for information;
- Help in choosing the best lane for driving on multilane roads;
- Calculation of the approximate time of arrival to the final point of the route depending on the situation on the road.
- Quick orientation in a new city
- Maps work without the Internet
- High quality voice navigation
- Sometimes it does not show the user's real location
Download for Android
Language: any language is available from your device.
Popular service, on the basis of which many amateur navigators with the function of voice navigation are created. The main advantage is the most convenient work of maps in offline mode.
On the main screen, after installation, you are immediately greeted by a global map. To search for an address, you just need to click on the magnifying glass in the upper left corner of the screen, and enter the address or name of a place there. It is recommended to include geolocation for more accurate determination.
Also one of the pluses is the widest possible settings. Speed cameras, voice navigation, toll road avoidance, fuel saving mode, etc.
OsmAnd is the benchmark application among simple user-created navigators. In places it may be inferior to google maps or other major services, but over the years it is this voice-activated navigator that has earned popularity among its audience.
Download for Android
inRoute - Intelligent Routing
inRoute allows you to plan the best route, depending on a number of factors - traffic jams, road or weather conditions, altitude differences, etc. There is support of voice control.
The voice navigation app works worldwide, the most detailed maps are made for the U.S.
Tracking information is carried out in real time, due to this it is possible to build an optimal route, depending on the current situation on the road.
- Ability to build a route by voice;
- Voice assistant with a warning about adverse weather conditions and problems on the road;
- Importing your own maps;
- Creation of your own traffic routes with the indication of important points on the road;
- Ability to build off-road routes taking into account elevation differences, curvature, air temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction, etc.
The user can search for certain places along the route - gas stations, cafes and restaurants, places for rest. When building a route it is possible to take into account rest stop points. Working with maps is possible in online mode or without Internet connection.
To test the functions of the app, you can use a free trial period for a week after downloading. After that, you can sign up for an annual subscription for $39.99 or purchase it monthly for $5.
- Up to 150 ready-made routes that can be entered and saved in memory;
- Synchronize traffic routes between different devices;
- Export and import of ready-made maps;
- Warning of adverse weather conditions in the voice assistant mode.
The disadvantages include a high subscription fee.
Download for iOS
Navitel Navigator provides accurate information about traffic jams. Navitel.PROBKI service is free for users of official navigation maps.
Information about the traffic situation is displayed in real time on the screen of your mobile device Navitel is installed on. Internet and GPS connection should be activated. Also, you can use voice navigation.
Traffic intensity and congestion can be tracked by markers of green, orange, yellow and red colors. In addition, you can set the value of traffic jams according to the usual 9-point scale, depending on the traffic congestion.
Navitel Navigator can automatically build routes, taking into account traffic jams. If the app detects traffic jams, it offers a detour option, which can be longer, but faster - taking into account the better passability of the roads.
The app displays data on traffic jams on Google Maps. Similar to the browser version, in the mobile app you can activate the map of traffic jams through the menu "Layers".
To display traffic jams you need to tap the "Layers" icon, select the display mode and specify the layer with traffic jams.
It should be noted that the voice navigation app, for objective reasons, can not display a map of traffic jams and congestion in all countries and cities. Nevertheless, it is possible to get information about traffic jams for major European roads.
Information about road works, road closures and other events that affect the speed of cars, is also available on Google Maps.
Download for iOS
This navigator will be useful for motorists who need a traffic map and voice navigation for Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey. The mobile version is available for both Android and iOS.
The app uses Yandex Maps to inform about traffic jams, accidents, repairs, and build optimal routes. It requires Internet + Gps-connection with a satellite (offline maps are also supported). The navigator is convenient because it offers the best options for bypassing problematic areas and voice prompts.
Maps.me - is a free navigator, which is convenient to use for voice navigation, tracking traffic jams on European routes, in Canada and the United States.
To get information about traffic jams on the map, click on the traffic light icon - the screen will display routes highlighted in green, yellow or red.
For the correct operation of Maps.me and the display of traffic jams need a stable Internet connection on your mobile device.
"GPS, maps, voice navigation and destinations"
The first time you start the app, you can select a dark or light color theme. After giving you all the necessary permissions, you are taken to the main application screen, where the following functions are available:
- Download maps for offline mode;
- Address search;
- My location;
- Traffic alerts;
- Weather Forecast;
- Useful places nearby (pharmacies, cafes, hotels, etc.)
In the settings, the user can change the sound of the navigator, the color theme and units.
In the navigator, the application uses its own maps, with a nice minimalist design. Near the search icon, places nearby are available - cafes, pharmacies, hotels, etc.
The user also has the ability to add several places to favorites, such as home and work.
Once you select a travel address, you only need to click on the navigator icon on the right side of the screen to enable voice navigation. Of the available navigation voices, the default is English, but you can download any other from a large list. It is recommended that you do this before you start your trip, as the voice navigation is divided into subcategories - points of interest, streets, etc. All sections are downloaded separately.
- Weather forecast mode for hiking;
- Convenient traffic alerts;
- Built-in translator.
- Offline mode is only available in the premium version;
- A lot of frequent pop-up ads that sometimes cut off content.
As in the case of the first application, the disadvantage in the form of advertising can greatly spoil the experience of using the navigator. Sometimes intrusive advertising is very disturbing during the trip.
Download for Android
Lite GPS Navigation
When you first start it up, you are prompted to read the license agreement. After giving the necessary permissions, the voice navigator takes you to the main screen with many sections. It is worth noting that, in comparison with previous navigators, advertising is qualitatively integrated into the design of the application. It is marked with the AD icon and placed in a specially allocated block, which does not obstruct the main content.
The application has a very user-friendly, simple interface. The navigation section immediately shows the street, city, country and state you are in. All of this is in a separate block with brief information.
Sections of the app:
- Locations Nearby;
- Displaying the user's location;
- Address search;
- Country information;
- Wonders of the World.
There aren't many pop-up ads. And mostly when navigating such sections as "wonders of the world" or "sights," that is, it will not disturb the user in the event that you need to find an address or navigate in an emergency.
In "country information" you will find the capital, country number, abbreviation, continent and population at the moment. The "Wonders of the World" section gives you access to brief information about the world's famous landmarks.
There is no language selection for voice navigation or any additional settings in the application.
Download for Android
Language: The app launches in the language of the device. It is well translated into English.
When you first start the application itself will help you with the settings of voice navigation. It will turn on the traffic tracking mode, navigation, and will tell you what permissions are required for further work.
The maps in the application are their own, that is, not based on Google, Waze, etc. The interface is simple and intuitive. On the main screen, you can immediately enter your destination and route to it, or view your location.
You can also save your home address, work, and other addresses to your favorites.
Using a special button, you can download offline maps to use the app even without internet access. Download a map of the region you want in advance to navigate by it in the future.
In the settings of voice navigation you can choose the type of fuel you use, the design of the application, the units of measurement (by default they are selected automatically, depending on the country).
When selecting the end point, you only need to click on the inscription "route" to pave the way for a car, pedestrian, cab or public transport.
Download for Android
Radarbot: Radar Detector
The voice navigation app allows you to monitor the road in real time, handle information about traffic jams, repairs on specific sections in real time. The app also monitors radar sensors on the road and notifies the driver of speed limits.
The app is suitable for drivers of cars, motorcycles, trucks, commercial vehicles, etc.
- Tracking of standard, mobile, tunnel radars;
- Notification of recorders and cameras near traffic lights;
- Information about dangerous road sections and areas under repair;
- Map of road potholes and speed bumps;
- The app will allow you to focus on the road.
- Voice navigation works in all countries of the world;
- Can work in the background with other apps;
- Voice alerts;
- Audible information when approaching a radar;
- Special vibration mode for motorcyclists;
- Can be installed on a smart watch.
- Some radars are not detected by the app;
- Problems with automatic switching between day / manual mode.
Ilia is a professional writer. He has expert knowledge in GPS and cartography with 15 years of experience. Additionally, Ilia has extensive experience in data recovery on PC and mobile. He started his career as a journalist by reviewing PC and mobile apps. His current responsibilities are to keep track of users' questions on MGT and answer them.